Sunday 12 June 2011

Going beyond the 7th level

After flat tire experience in Penang previous weekend - I was trying to be on my best behavior and follow the rules.  But then as I was wandering around on the 7th level, I noticed that some French guys (with lots of camera gear) were on 8th level taking pictures and there was only one guard this early in the morning and he was staying in one spot.  So, my American manhood challenged - I definitely had to go to the 10th level - I would be careful and not knock anything over but come on, this is what I had come for - the opportunity to break some rules (and not get caught) was irresistable.



On the 10th level (see the Stupid Matt post for an attempt to self record my feat)









Now I could settle down and take pictures from different angles - I always gravitate to the highest point for taking pictures.


.






Jessica recording Dad's lawbreaking - I was able to get her to climb up as well (some of these pictures are her's) but Janet being the rules person of the family - "the brake" was not interested











Now to the main event - the Buddha (which lost the Lotus flower covering



Staying on 7th level I could never get these shots - just embarassed I had to be shamed into it by some French guys.

 I wish I knew enough about lighting to take this kind of picture on purpose.


Rules are important, but sometimes .......................... 

the results are worth breaking them - just be willing to take the consequences


No comments:

Post a Comment