Sunday 5 June 2011

Borobudur - Day 1 (Afternoon)

We were tired, but after resting for 30 minutes we set out for the temple at 3:30.  Temple closes at 5:00/5:15 and you need to wear a batik shawl (admission ticket) - which hotel provided.  We were off!

Approach

Too overwhelming (at least for me) so I've sorted the pictures by theme (some overlapping - but I'm the editor so my vote counts) and height (lowest levels come first as that was how we saw the temple).

Recessed Buddha's below the Lotus Flower levels view (I'm sounding very tour guide)
 Top picture is farther away but more interesting is taken later in the day so the lighting is more "golden" - I sound like a photographer

Heads of the Buddha seem to be the most fragile and have a tendancy to "walk away" if they break off.  Notice the multiple head-less Buddha's

Transition picture to my favorite - the water spouts (or Gargoyles)

Gargoyle

 Detailed panels
 Detail from panel below


 All the carved stones must be origninal

 Odd view I like but don't know how to orient


Arch views



 Notice the crude blocks (sign the original blocks can't be found). 

Transition shot to perspective
Perspective 


Looking out views




Lotus Flowers (or bells) - top of the hill!

 



 

Combo
Proof we were here



Sun starting to set


 

How did we get this shot? - I need to figure out how to shot in black and white

Assorted other tourists

This was the warm up act - Day 2 - sunrise is the main event

No comments:

Post a Comment