Thursday 7 April 2011

Initial message

March 17, 2011
Just a quick update – all good in SE Asia

I have been working looooong hours – 12-16/day.  I can see a light at the end of the tunnel (hope it’s not a train) so don’t think this is a long term problem as the team is good, I just need to get a few things back on track and make a good first impression on everyone – I have memorized 35-40 names of the core 100 – so I should be able to make my goal of everyone’s name by end of March.  Some of the name break my jaw but it is what it is.  The HP office address is 12 Jalan Gelenggung – calling for a taxi by myself only got the phone hung up on me.  But now I can do a close western pronunciation.

We were 1 week in Spore and now 4.5 days in KL.  Janet likes KL much better than Spore.  We have found a place – condo in new construction – Zehn Bangsar Pantai – 2400 sq feet, never been lived in, fully furnished (Janet will pick out what she wants) – move in April 1st.  10 minutes from HP office, walk to the train, university and hospital – 5 minutes from shopping.  Still to get mobile, car and figure out public transport. 

Janet and I went to dinner with my direct staff last night, a different group tonight and then Saturday with a collection of ex-pats and spouses so hopefully she can get connected in with people over the next 4-6 weeks.  She has read more books in the past 1.5 weeks than the past  six months.

I hope all is well with you and will send more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment